UPDATE: Well, the date has passed, and thankfully Scaurus has handed over the websites to a new owner. He's currently in the process of updating the websites so I guess only time will tell.
Follow this flowchart:
This is the link I'm talking about. Read it, then let him know that you support EVE bloggers
This post is about evebloggers.com and its sister site EVE Blog Pack. They are currently held by one Marcus Scaurus. It's easy to see through his bullshit. He wants the websites to die. I'm not going to get into some great goonspiracy, but I don't see why he'd rather kill two massive resources for the community, than give them every possible chance to stay alive. All that says to me is he has some great grudge against some EVE bloggers. Rixx Javix of EVOGANDA and Alexia Morgan who runs the Touring New Eden used to run the Blog Pack andevebloggers.com respectively. They have both accused Marcus of wanting to kill these resources before.
Marcus has not touched either website since mid-late 2012.
When you google the words "eve blog" guess what is invariably in the top 5 results no matter your search history? evebloggers.com. So what site do you suppose I was at first ecstatic to find, and the gutted to realise wasn't being updated? That's right. evebloggers.com. What site is about to be dropped because the owner refuses to acknowledge how amazeballs it is? Yeah. You're getting this.
You can maybe understand why I might be a bit irrate about Scaurus' latest post...
Eve News 24 and TheMittani.com are great sites for EVE news, but I've learnt so much more by reading EVE blogs. Sites like:
The Altruist
Jester's Trek
Belligerent Undesireables
are truely fantastic and extremely popular, but what about up and coming blogs or forgotten ones? I can't even remember the blog but I took a lot of pointers from the "Infamous Rifter Plan" in skilling my one of my characters.
Please, please, please. Show your support for EVE bloggers and let new players who want to share their experiences get some publicity.

No comments:
Post a Comment