Link to Part 1: How to Scan, a Guide for Ninjas
I remembered how confuzzled I was when I first started out, specifically with scanning. With very low skills, and no Odyssey scanning modules, I spent literally hours trying to scan down mission runners in systems that, to be honest, were not the best for it.
I'd get a target to 40% resolution after about 10 scans, only for them to have completed their mission and warp off.
In the video I cover skills, modules and ships used for scanning, show the player how to scan, and offer pointers like how to set up a filter and where to look. Most veteran and even 1/2 year old characters will know most of what's going on but for a newbie it can be a bit daunting.
My grand scheme for all of this is to make two videos: This one is part one and covers scanning. Part 2 I plan on covering what to do once the misssion runner has been scanned down. Things like salvaging ships, how to avoid the mission runner and be safe (or not!), and a low-level guide to Hi-Sec security mechanics.
Part 2 Coming Soon™
No comments:
Post a Comment